Tekoa Country Club's golf course was built and made open to the public as solely a golf course. When the four-hole course on Western Avenue opened, it was one of the first in Western Massachusetts.
A Grand Clubhouse was added to the property which was owned at the time by Westfield State University, and that evolved our facility into a country club.
Famous Course Designer, Donald Ross, redesigned the course and made it into nine holes. Five of those holes still remain intact today. The original Ross holes are 2, 3, 4, 14 and 15. The features of those holes still remain true, even with the updates made to the course over the years.
Famous Western Massachusetts architect, Geoffrey Cornish, redesigned Tekoa’s golf course. He left five of Ross’s original holes and added 13 gems of his own. The Cornish layout was designed by him and then built by Conlin Construction.
Added approximately 400 yards to the already challenging layout was a complete bunker renovation. The bunkers on the golf course were made more visible, especially from the teeing area. The bunker project also themed up the Ross and Cornish holes making the whole course feel connected and complete.
Since purchasing Tekoa Country Club in April of 2009, Daniel Burack has made a variety of updates to the building and its extremities. Some of the changes he has made are:
- Repaved the entire parking lot
- Re-sided the vinyl siding on the building
- Built the Berkshire room deck
- Rebuilt the Westfield Room deck
- Built the ceremony site and its beautiful arch, brick walkway, and ever-changing flowers
- Built the stone sitting area off of the 19th Hole Bar and Grill with tables and umbrellas
- Built a new Westfield Bridal Suite and converted the previous one into storage space
- Rebuilt the front foyer area
- Remodeled both the Berkshire and Westfield bars
- Replaced the carpet in the entire building
- Built the ceremony site, including its beautiful arch and brick walkway
- Build a new bridal suite for the Westfield Room
Our Mission Statement
We at Tekoa Country Club pride ourselves on offering exceptional value and service to all of our guests. Whether it be on the golf course, at weddings and banquet events, or dining in the 19th Hole Bar and Grill, we aspire to met your every need and do so to the fullest extent.
Our mission is to offer truly delicious food, friendly service, and the beautiful scenery of our well maintained golf course, at fair and competitive prices. Ultimately, our goal is for guests to feel right at home when they spend time in our facility or on our golf course. We offer the flexibility to create unique events that will fit almost any budget and we aim to make every occasion one to remember.